To remove your information from Arrests.org, click here and complete the removal request form. It may take up to 48 hours for your information to be removed from the site. If you would like to remove yourself from all of the data brokers that we have found, you can do so by clicking here. This will send a removal request to over 200 data brokers at once.
Intelius was recently in the news for selling the personal information of Washington state residents to a data broker called Exact Data. The data broker then sold this information to a company called Cambridge Analytica. Cambridge Analytica is known for working with the Trump presidential campaign.
If you would like to remove your personal information from all of the data brokers that we have found, you can do so by clicking here. This will send a removal request to over 200 data brokers at once.
1. Visit https://arrests.org/ and search for your listing.
2. Once you find your listing, click the name or picture you see.
3. Take a screenshot. To do this on a Mac, hold Shift – Command – 4 and drag the box over the image you want to capture. To do this on a PC, hold Window – Print Screen.
4. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the information appearing on your listing, including:
- Screenshots of the pages that need to be removed
- Along with your complete name
- And current address (and previous addresses you wish to protect).
- Phone number (and previous phone numbers you wish to protect).
- Your birth date.
- Cross out your picture and ID number from your driver’s license or state identification card (for security reasons)
- As a reason to remove it
5. You might have to wait around a week for your information to be removed.
When it comes to your personal information, it’s important to be proactive about protecting it. You can remove your information from Arrests.org and from all of the data brokers that we have found by clicking here. Removing your information from these databases is the best way to protect yourself from identity theft and other forms of fraud. Thanks for reading, and I hope you all take this advice and keep yourself safe online.