“Good night.” This phrase is a simple statement that we often say to each other before going to bed, but what does it mean? What are the origins of this phrase and why do people say it when they go to sleep? There are many different theories about where this saying originated from, but one thing is for sure: there’s no denying how significant good night quotes have become in our culture. Good night quotes, With so many resources on the internet focused on providing us with goodnight messages, who doesn’t want some words of wisdom before they drift off into dreamland? Here are some of my favorite quotes I’ve seen lately!
- “I love the silent hour of night, for blissful dreams may then arise, revealing to my charmed sight — what may not bless my waking eyes.” — Anne Brontë
- “God’s guidance is like a small lamp in a dark forest… doesn’t show everything at once… but gives enough light for the next step to be safe. Good night!” — Unknown
- “The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night.” — Haruki Murakami
- “Let the sheep jump over the moon as you count them until your eyes close shut, knowing tomorrow is filled with adventure.” — Unknown
- “Remember this: An ending is always the start of something new. Good night!” — Unknown
- “Never go to sleep with anger in your heart. Lie down and let the darkness lift the pain and bitterness away before you fall asleep. You will wake up refreshed and ready.” — Unknown
- “Good night, dear friend! I say good night to thee. Across the moonbeams, tremulous and white, bridging all space between us!” — Hester A. Benedict
- “Forget about your troubles and let the sweetness of this lovely night lull you to a blissful sleep. Tomorrow is a new beginning. Good night.” — Unknown
- “Slow down your thoughts. Focus on your breaths. Get rid of the clutter in your mind. Prepare your mind and body for rest. It is time to go to sleep and wake up refreshed and rejuvenated in the morning.” — Unknown
Inspirational Good Night Quotes
Good Night Quotes is a blog that shares the best quotes from different authors who have been there for us when we needed them most. We want to continue this by sharing with you some of our favorite quotes from the night owls in literature. These are words that speak to us and remind us of what it means to find comfort in darkness, or even just through the idea of falling asleep again after waking up too early.
- “May the good memories of today lull you to sleep.” — Kate Summer
- “Life is full of new beginnings, and a new day tomorrow brings, sleep well.” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “Good night, good night, good night, What more is there to say than good night? We’ve had a lot of fun and it’s time to toodle-oo. Au revoir, auf wiendersehn and Inka, dinks doo. Good night, good night, good night.” — Jimmy Durante
- “Tomorrow is a new day and a new start to make things the best they can be! Let someone know what they mean to you! Good night!” — Unknown
- “As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. Sleep peacefully knowing you’ve done all you can do for today.” — Roald Dahl
- “Here is to hoping that angels will guard you while you dream and the gentle breezes of the night will keep you cool. If it is too cold, may your blankets be warm as you drift on to a gentle rest.” — Unknown
- “Some nights are made for torture, or reflection, or the savoring of loneliness.” — Poppy Z. Brite
- “I love the silent hour of the night, For blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight — what may not bless my waking eyes.” — Anne Brontë
Please stay tuned to our website Iamfeelingblog For more news and updates!
If you wish to read more quotes: Good morning inspirational quotes